New Milford is a film friendly town with diverse landscapes and population. From our lively town center and industrial sites to rural countryside and accessible wild areas, New Milford offers a wide range of picturesque settings. The town is medium-sized, approx. 27,121 at the 2000 census, with families, young professionals and an active senior community. We also boast many fraternal and cultural organizations and have a high rate of volunteerism as well as an active Chamber of Commerce -- you can always find someone to lend a hand in New Milford. Talk to any member of the Commission about your next project!
Jerry Seinfeld visited downtown New Milford last summer with David Letterman: see the video
The New Milford Film Commission will build community identity and focus by:
- Helping producers find our excellent resources.
- Assisting with any applications, permits or regulatory processes that may apply.
- Bringing focus & attention to the many diverse attractions New Milford has to offer.
- Hosting local events, such as film festivals and screenings, to generate regional publicity .
- A truly original, authentic and awe-inspiring Town Green: it’s the longest in Connecticut, has a beautiful old bandstand and is surrounded by period homes
- 70 miles from Times Square (87n-287e-684n-84e-7n)
- Largest Town in Connecticut: 64 square miles
- One of the highest points in Connecticut is three miles from the Town Green
- A drive-through mine tunnel and quarry: 350 acres
- Multiple access points to the Housatonic River
- Two turn-of-the-Century steel bridges in picturesque settings
- Town-owned beaches
- Access to the largest man-made lake east of the Mississippi
- Vintage railroad station and track
- Private airport with gliders and small craft
- Did we mention a very active and enthusiastic Film Commission waiting to serve your every need? We will help from crewing to catering and all stops in between!
Annual Events include:
- Village Fair Days
- Moonlight Run
- New Milford 8-Mile
- Teddy Bear Festival
- New Milford Idol
- Second Saturday Stars
- Outdoor Arts Festival
- 4th of July Carnival & Fireworks